Saturday 28 June 2008

Laws of nature


There are certain immutable laws of nature and the timing of delivery vans is one of them. My new TV was due to arrive today. I was given a 4 hour window. It would arrive sometime between 8am and 12 noon.


I waited and waited. Wife and kids went out. I decided to have a quick shower, knowing perfectly well that the immutable laws of nature dictate that the delivery van would arrive as soon as I stepped in to the shower.


Ah ha! I know how to cheat fate. I put on the shower, took a step in, then jumped back and ran downstairs. But no delivery van. I did this three more times (thank goodness there are no webcams in my house - people would think I was mad). Strangely, still no van. Hmmmm.


Oh well, let's risk it. Stripped off and stepped in to the shower (see picture of me in shower here....).


You back with me yet? Did you really click on that link?


Okay, stepped in to shower. Covered my head in bubbles. And sure enough, a van pulls up, the doorbell goes...


Why does the universe work like that?

No comments: